with Special Guest Speaker, Krista West
Envisioning the Kingdom ~
the Why and How of Beauty in the Orthodox Church
Saturday, March 17, 9am - 4pm
Is beauty simply a trivial pursuit or could it be the means through which we envision the Kingdom of Heaven?
Join us as we welcome noted speaker, author, and ecclesiastical tailor Krista West, as she explores the Orthodox Christian approach to beauty and why beauty is such an important part of the Orthodox tradition. Opening with an explanation of the theological understanding of beauty within the Church, Krista will provide illuminating information on how beauty has been perceived and valued throughout the centuries and how it is very much a part of our calling as Orthodox Christians today, along with practical advice for bringing more beauty into our lives and our churches.
Online registation coming soon...
- Fr. Roman Braga, 1993
- Fr. Thomas Hopko, 1995
- Fr. John Breck, 1997
- Drs. David and Mary Ford, 1999
- Bishop Kallistos Ware, 2002
- Mother Abbess Ines and Mother Maria (from the Hogar Rafael Ayau in Guatemala), 2003
- Presvytera Renée Ritsi, OCMC Missions Retreat, 2003
- Sister Magdalen of St. John the Baptist Monastery, Essex, England, 2004
- Mother Gabriella, Abbess of Holy Dormition Monastery, Rives Jct Michigan; Great Lent 2006
- Madre Ivonne of the Hogar Rafael Ayau in Guatemala; Fall 2008
- Fr John Chryssavgis, Great Lent 2009
- Fr Thomas Hopko, Great Lent 2010
- Dr Daniel Buxhoeveden, Fall 2011
- Dr Peter Bouteneff of St Vladimir's Seminary, Great Lent 2012
- V. Rev. Dr. John Behr of St. Vladimir's Seminary, Great Lent, 2013
- Mother Paula of Transfiguration Monastery, October 2015
- Fr. Cyril Hovorun, 'The Pan Orthodox Council - Behind the Iconostasis', Great Lent 2016
- Fr Andrew Stephen Damick, 'The Church In and After the Scriptures', October 2016
- Dr. Nadieszda Kizenko, 'A Latter Day Saint - Fr. John of Kronstadt', September 2017
Upcoming seminars and spiritual retreats will be posted on the website as soon as scheduled.